Companion Care Starts at Home Healthcare ConsultantsNovember 22, 2019
Yoga for SeniorsJanuary 9, 2020
Healthy Habits for Seniors
Good health is important for seniors who want to maintain a high quality of life. Here are some healthy aging tips that improve your overall well-being and make you feel good:
- Eat healthy and stay hydrated. Adopt healthy eating habits and follow your doctor’s recommendations to find the ideal weight for you. High-fiber fruits, vegetables and whole grains are important, limit saturated fats, salt, and foods containing cholesterol. Drink plenty of water to stay energized.
- Get plenty of rest and sleep. This can help reduce stress level, sleep can improve memory and helps body repairs itself and results in a stronger immune system.
- Spend time with friends and family and stay socially active with within your community. Social media and phone calls are great way stay connected.
- Stay physically active. Exercise helps keep your body flexible and strengthen muscles and bones. Also, it increases energy levels and decrease risk of chronic disease.
- See your doctor. Regular checkups can help you stay on top of your health. Take all medications as directed by your doctor and get your vaccinations as recommended, also see your dentist and eye doctor regularly.